Sunday, February 17, 2008

Week 5 - Ascending Bloom's Taxonomy

This week I feel like I'm at the Remembering/Understanding levels, and not doing so good at that. Whew - Constructivist vs. objectivist, design research, holistic theory, Gagne's theory, situated learning theory, cognitive information processing theory, schema theory, and cognitive load theory! I really feel like we covered some good background this week that will help down the road. I'm sure most of the class was already familiar with a lot of this, but having undergraduate classes in business instead of education, this was very good for me. I evidently made a major mistake in our group discussion when I wasn't clear enough in a comment about 'rote memorization'. Hey, that should be worth extra points for illiciting responses :-).

No comments: